All-American Thrills Forums- WE'VE MOVED- http://www.allamericanthrills.com/forums/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Knotts next coaster ?
What would you like to see in 2013 at six flags great adventure Empty2012-05-08, 21:07 by thom25

» Restoring the Revolution
What would you like to see in 2013 at six flags great adventure Empty2012-05-08, 19:15 by HPCrazy

» Where are you going this summer?
What would you like to see in 2013 at six flags great adventure Empty2012-05-08, 19:12 by galindoverhere

» 2013 GCI in Great America
What would you like to see in 2013 at six flags great adventure Empty2012-05-08, 15:56 by HPCrazy

» Manta Discussion Thread
What would you like to see in 2013 at six flags great adventure Empty2012-05-08, 14:43 by Robjob

» Skyrush Official Discussion Thread
What would you like to see in 2013 at six flags great adventure Empty2012-05-08, 12:05 by billybobjoebob

» Leviathan - B&M's first Giga Coaster
What would you like to see in 2013 at six flags great adventure Empty2012-05-08, 04:07 by thom25

» APOCALYPSE - B&M Stand-up
What would you like to see in 2013 at six flags great adventure Empty2012-05-08, 03:59 by thom25

» All-American Thrills Christmas Meet-up
What would you like to see in 2013 at six flags great adventure Empty2012-05-07, 11:04 by HPCrazy

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on 2012-03-02, 03:03

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

What would you like to see in 2013 at six flags great adventure

+4
CHILLERLC1
LFCoasterZombie
joecoasterman24
hersheycoaster14
8 posters

Go down

What would you like to see in 2013 at six flags great adventure Empty What would you like to see in 2013 at six flags great adventure

Post by hersheycoaster14 2012-02-01, 11:37

well obviously there's a possible ride removal(Bizarro) but I would like to see it not be removed and either put an iron horse treatment on one of the wooden coasters(not el toro) or a new wooden coaster.

hersheycoaster14
Family Coaster Level
Family Coaster Level

All-American Rewards Points : 145

Back to top Go down

What would you like to see in 2013 at six flags great adventure Empty Re: What would you like to see in 2013 at six flags great adventure

Post by joecoasterman24 2012-02-01, 19:10

i agree bizzaro is a great ride and it is nice to have a good coaster in the park that doesnt always have a long line. the iron horse treatment on rolling thunder could transform it into a modern thrill ride if done well. however if rolling thunder doesnt get the treatment IMO it should be removed for a new wood coaster

joecoasterman24
Kiddie Coaster Level
Kiddie Coaster Level

All-American Rewards Points : 11

Back to top Go down

What would you like to see in 2013 at six flags great adventure Empty Re: What would you like to see in 2013 at six flags great adventure

Post by LFCoasterZombie 2012-02-01, 21:29

If Bizarro does leave, I think they will still want to have 5 B&M Coasters so they will probably add a Wing Rider, or the working rumored B&M Launched Coaster.

If Bizarro does not leave I think we would see a second expansion of flat rides and thrill rides (including a Drop Tower) and a revival of Old Country/Movie town section of the park. I don't think Rolling Thunder will be next to get Iron Horse treatment from Rock Mountain, but might receive some fix on the track to make it smoother. (IMO)
LFCoasterZombie
LFCoasterZombie
Family Coaster Level
Family Coaster Level

All-American Rewards Points : 144

http://www.coasteroftheday.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLERLC1 2012-02-07, 02:07

I'm not going to believe any removal until I see it. I think it's blown out of the water ridiculous. I think it was just a manner of the park listing what rides could be added to a ride rotation program. I think their arm was just twisted to put down a choice. Bizarro is the best B&M sitdown floorless in the Northeast. It's one of my favorite floorless coasters.

I want the park to get an Intamin freefall. That freefall at BGW looks horrendous how it fully brakes and parks way too soon.

I'm not jumping on any Rolling Thunder Rocky Mountain coaster conversion. I think there's a long time til that. Rattler is much more viable option for that first, then probably Colossus. I wouldn't expect any big changes on an alternating hill figure 8 out and back RT is.
CHILLERLC1
CHILLERLC1
Kiddie Coaster Level
Kiddie Coaster Level

All-American Rewards Points : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by LFCoasterZombie 2012-02-07, 21:26

I agree that Bizarro might not get removed. They just spent so much on remodeling it and they will do it again and shipping it to another park makes no scene.

And yes, before Rolling Thunder gets Rocky Mountain treatments there are other Six Flags Coasters that need it more... (Rattler, Colossus, SFNE Cyclone, etc)
LFCoasterZombie
LFCoasterZombie
Family Coaster Level
Family Coaster Level

Back to top Go down

Post by HPCrazy 2012-02-08, 00:47

I agree in why they would spend all that money remodeling it and only to remove it a season or two later. Doesn't make sense at all.
HPCrazy
HPCrazy
Admin
Admin

All-American Rewards Points : 652

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLERLC1 2012-02-09, 00:00

Cyclone got the new topper track people pointed out to me.
CHILLERLC1
CHILLERLC1
Kiddie Coaster Level
Kiddie Coaster Level

All-American Rewards Points : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by galindoverhere 2012-02-09, 20:33

I'd love to see a wing-rider! Very Happy It would be a nice addition to the park...
galindoverhere
galindoverhere
Hyper Coaster Level
Hyper Coaster Level

All-American Rewards Points : 341

Back to top Go down

Post by HPCrazy 2012-02-10, 10:28

I think their primary focus right now should be to get some more flats into the park first. What they're doing for 2012 is a good start, but I really think they need to boost up their flat count before another major coaster comes in. They have plenty of coasters to choose from at the moment, some that are great ride experiences. I'd rather see them wait until maybe 2014 at the earliest to get another coaster. And when they do, I'd love for them to build one WITHOUT removing an existing coaster in the process.
HPCrazy
HPCrazy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by galindoverhere 2012-02-10, 21:06

^^ Same, they used to have a TON of flat rides, but around the time GASM got destroyed it's like I started seeing less Flat Rides... this needs to change, because (even if) I do want to see more coasters, I remember seeing SFGA being a park everyone can enjoy, from coaster junkies, to kids and families..
galindoverhere
galindoverhere
Hyper Coaster Level
Hyper Coaster Level

All-American Rewards Points : 341

Back to top Go down

Post by HPCrazy 2012-02-10, 22:41

The lack of flats is primarly the reason why I have no desire to ever visit the place again in the near future. I visit parks not just for the coasters but for the overall park experience and I feel like GAdv is nothing more than mainly coasters and kiddie rides. What they're doing this year is a great start and as I have previously mentioned, they need to stay focused this way for me
(and probably others especially with a variety of ages) to ever consider visiting the place again. I'm glad to see they are at least heading in the right direction.
HPCrazy
HPCrazy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ccron10 2012-02-28, 20:46

^While I do agree with you on the lack of flats, what they're adding this year does help in this department. 1999 was the year called "The War on Lines", which pretty much made it "the park with the most attractions in the world (If I remember correctly when I had a park brochure for that year)". Most of these rides were taken out because of two factors: reliability, and/or staffing. With the way the economy currently is and unemployment, it's really a shame that they had to be taken out.
Having visited this place three times since 2010, I really have to say that other than adding more flats, they should focus more on trying to bring some of the rides out of the boneyard next to Nitro (if that is even possible).
There has been rumors of taking out Bizzaro and if they're true, I honestly wouldn't be upset since I only rode it twice and it's in the middle of nowhere.

Ccron10
Kiddie Coaster Level
Kiddie Coaster Level

All-American Rewards Points : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by HPCrazy 2012-02-28, 21:07

They could probably alleviate that problem if they would add some new flats (or something out there) to bring park guests out that way. I sort of hope Bizarro doesn't leave they they can keep their coaster count well balanced. Only time will tell what will happen.
HPCrazy
HPCrazy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LFCoasterZombie 2012-02-29, 16:59

I still dont think Bizarro will leave. Its about time SFGA STOPS retiring Coasters. They keep on closing them. They been at having 13 Coasters the last few YEARs!
LFCoasterZombie
LFCoasterZombie
Family Coaster Level
Family Coaster Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjob 2012-03-01, 05:52

HPCrazy wrote:The lack of flats is primarly the reason why I have no desire to ever visit the place again in the near future. I visit parks not just for the coasters but for the overall park experience and I feel like GAdv is nothing more than mainly coasters and kiddie rides. What they're doing this year is a great start and as I have previously mentioned, they need to stay focused this way for me
(and probably others especially with a variety of ages) to ever consider visiting the place again. I'm glad to see they are at least heading in the right direction.

LOL well then I don't think you'd like SFMM too much then lol , their entire thrill flatride collection consist of a 1970's something pirate ship, bumper cars, Himalaya and a Round up Sad

Far as SFGADv since they already have one of the best coaster collections in the Country, I'd like to see them get a Watercoaster like that Divertical. A Maverick/cheetah hunt type multi-launcher would be great also imo.
Robjob
Robjob
Family Coaster Level
Family Coaster Level

All-American Rewards Points : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum